MOSAIC Diversity Scholars Program
Growing Christ-centered leaders for a dynamically diverse world
Greenville University's Office of Diversity & Inclusion invites you to participate in the MOSAIC Diversity Scholars Program. GU annually selects 15 scholars who display exemplary academics and an eagerness to promote a diverse and inclusive culture on Greenville University’s campus. For information about eligibility and application, please contact Pedro Valentin.
Greenville University recognizes the academic achievement and potential of students who, through sharing their varied cultural perspectives, will help to enhance the curricular and co-curricular engagement of all its students and the excellence of the institution. Greenville University offers $18,000 scholarships as part of our continued tradition for equality and diversity.
Annual award amounts for 2019-20 are $20,500 for undergraduate students. These are annually renewed scholarships based on maintaining a 3.0 college GPA and membership in the MOSAIC Student Association.
- Be admitted for regular admission to Greenville University
- Meet the MDS minimum GPA requirements. Incoming freshmen must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00/4.00 and a 22 ACT.
How to Apply
- Submit the MOSAIC Diversity Scholarship application by March 15.
In addition to the online application a complete application includes the following:
- An application for admission to Greenville submitted by December 31 for incoming freshmen students
- Official transcripts—all applicants’ academic transcripts are part of scholarship consideration. Incoming freshmen students submit transcripts as part of their applications for admission.
Scholarship recipients are selected by the Diversity Excellence Scholarship selection committee based on the following:
- Past academic performance
- Participation in campus or community activities
- Racial/ethnic background
- Must maintain residency in campus housing
To maintain scholarship eligibility, you must:
- Maintain full-time student status
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Make satisfactory progress toward completion of a degree objective
Recipients of the scholarship are expected to participate in the MOSAIC Student Association and in various campus and community service opportunities.
MOSAIC Student Association
The MOSAIC Student Association is an intentional group united to educate and celebrate cultural differences in order to bring awareness to the student body so that unity may be practiced among us and among those with whom we have contact.
The mission of MOSAIC is to bring people of all races, genders and creeds together as one in order to increase the awareness and celebration of diversity within and beyond the community of Greenville University
The purposes of MOSAIC are to:
- Engage in projects and programs that raise awareness of the interests and concerns of minority communities
- Aid in the academic development of the minority student body at Greenville University
- Aid in the recruitment and selection of minority students and faculty
- Celebrate the diversity of our college community and surrounding communities through music, awareness campaigns, conversations and small forums
All students are welcome and encouraged to participate!