As an affiliate of the Free Methodist Church, Greenville University offers two Free Methodist scholarship options for incoming students.
Free Methodist Scholarship Options
Children of Free Methodist Pastors
Scholarship Amount: $19,000
To apply for this scholarship, you must be a child of a conference pastor. This scholarship does not classify recipients as Panther Preferred. *
The Gateway Conference offers recipients of the Children of Free Methodists Pastors scholarship an additional $2,000 in scholarship money for students who attend GU. Pastors outside of the Gateway Conference should check with their superintendents for available scholarships for their children.
Free Methodist Church Affiliated Student
Scholarship Amount: $17,500
Students must be affiliated with a Free Methodist Church and must be confirmed by their Pastor. Students are required to attend preparatory-membership class for the FM Church to validate their affiliation with the FM Church. Applicants for this scholarship may also apply for Panther Preferred, however the scholarships cannot be combined.
Scholarship Amount: $19,250
Students must gain acceptance from Greenville University and fill out the Panther Preferred application. This scholarship cannot be combined with the other scholarships listed on this page.
Scholarship Requirements and Conditions
- For students who are actively affiliated with a Free Methodist Church, their church pastor must be able to confirm their participation and must submit the Free Methodist Scholarship Program Application.
- These scholarships cannot be stacked or combined with other GU merit based financial aid offerings.
- The student can choose to accept or reject the scholarship based on receiving a larger scholarship like McAllaster or Panther Preferred.
- The student must apply and be accepted through the regular admissions process.
- The student must live on campus.
- Students who make satisfactory academic progress and maintain good standing at GU may renew their scholarship.
- The student must be a degree-seeking student.
- The student must be enrolled full-time (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester).
- The combined total of GU scholarships, grants, and other tuition related awards, such as MAP, may not exceed the cost of tuition.