Teaching Partnership - Teaching Partnership Financial Aid Factors


As a college student, your life is constant change-where you're living, how many credits you're taking, when you're planning to study abroad. Some of these changes could affect your financial aid award.

Take a look through the top questions we've received on this topic.

External Scholarships?

By all means look for external scholarships because it's more aid you don't have to repay. Additional scholarships could reduce your loan or work-study eligibility, but they will not affect the gift aid you receive from Greenville-unless your total amount of gift aid exceeds the tuition, room, and board paid to Greenville.  Please go here to research more about external scholarships and grants.

Dropping credits or withdrawing from Greenville?

You must be enrolled full time to receive Greenville University grants and scholarships. If you're considering dropping credits or withdrawing from college mid-term, you should contact us before reducing credits to see how your aid will change.

Job Loss or Change?

Individuals or families who experience reduced income due to a job loss or change may submit an appeal form. Contact the Financial Aid Office to obtain the proper worksheet.

Independent Status?

Some rare circumstances might qualify you for independent status. These are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and are only granted for unusual, documented circumstances.

These conditions do not qualify you for independent status:

  • Parents refuse to contribute to your education.
  • Parents are unwilling to provide information on the FAFSA for verification.
  • Parents do not claim you as a dependent for income tax purposes.
  • You demonstrate that you are totally self-sufficient.

Getting Married? Divorce? Separation? Death in family? Unusually high medical expenses?

If any of these describe you, please make an appointment with a financial aid advisor to talk through your options and see how your aid will be affected.




315 E. College Avenue
Greenville, Illinois 62246-1145
800.345.4440 / 618.664.7100
Contact Us © 2000-18 Greenville University. All rights reserved.
Greenville University is authorized to operate as a postsecondary educational institution by the Illinois Board of Higher Education
Accreditation | IBHE Complaint Form